Parents/guardians of home schoolers who have an interest in
one or two single Cambridge subjects may opt to register their child as an
occasional student. Parents/guardians of candidates who are enrolled in an
existing school system and/or are currently registered as ‘home-schooled’ and
who wish to obtain discrete AS subjects only must sign a waiver to declare that
they understand the following: that the candidate will not achieve the complete
AICE award but instead will only be eligible for AS single subject awards.
Support for the following Cambridge AS Level subjects is
available from anywhere in the world:
Occasional learners registered for the support of single subjects
will receive the same support as those learners who register for the Cambridge
Our Counsellors and Mentors will be available throughout the
processes outlined below, and can be contacted telephonically or via email:
1. Apply to Boston at which stage we will assist with subject selection, placement and any other admission-related queries.
2. Proceed to register for subject-specific support services.
3. On-boarding and other pertinent information is made available to you to assist with navigation of the online Learning Management System, course material, schedules, etc.
4. Organise your home environment and set up the hardware, software and internet requirements for successful completion of Cambridge subjects.
5. Participate in live tutorial sessions, access recorded lessons, complete formative assessments and mock examinations to monitor progress and access remedial interventions where required.
6. Access student wellness and participate in informal clubs and societies to enrich your home schooling experience, where required or of interest.
7. Ensure that you have registered early for the Cambridge exit point examinations.
8. Study hard! Cambridge subjects require dedication and commitment!
9. Sit for the Cambridge examination at a registered examination venue and await results release.
We accept enrolment from anywhere in the world for the ICE. Please be aware of time zone differences for
attendance of online live tutorials: Boston is on South African Standard Time
(SAST) which is the same as Central African Time (CAT).
Examinations must be sat at a Cambridge registered assessment venue in
your home country. You will need to source the assessment venue yourself and all
fees associated herewith will be for your own account. Our fees for support
services are quoted separately from the Cambridge International examination
fees. This also applies to candidates in South Africa who do not wish to make
use of our registered assessment venues. In the instance where you will select
another venue, it is a requirement to confirm the venue before registration
with Boston can be completed.