Parents/guardians of home schoolers who have an interest in
two or three single Cambridge subjects may opt to register their child as an
occasional student. Parents/guardians of candidates who are enrolled in an
existing school system and/or are currently registered as ‘home-schooled’ and
who wish to obtain discrete Lower Secondary subjects only, i.e. to augment the
parents/guardians existing home schooling programme, or in preparation for the
Cambridge ICE Award, must sign a waiver to declare that they understand the
following: that the candidate will not achieve a complete Lower Secondary
award, but instead will only be eligible for single subject recognitions.
Cambridge Lower Secondary is typically for home schooling learners aged 11 to
Our Counsellors and Mentors will be available throughout the processes outlined below, and can be contacted telephonically or via email:
1. Apply to Boston at which stage we will assist with subject selection, placement and any other admission-related queries.
2. Proceed to register for subject-specific support services.
3. On-boarding and other pertinent information is made available to you to assist with navigation of the online Learning Management System, course material, schedules, etc.
4. Organise your home environment and set up the hardware, software and internet requirements for successful completion of Cambridge subjects.
5. Participate in live tutorial sessions, access recorded lessons, complete formative assessments and mock examinations to monitor progress and access remedial interventions where required.
We accept enrolment from anywhere in the world for the ICE. Please be aware of time zone differences for attendance of online live tutorials: Boston is on South African Standard Time (SAST) which is the same as Central African Time (CAT).
Examinations must be sat at a Cambridge registered assessment venue in your home country. You will need to source the assessment venue yourself and all fees associated herewith will be for your own account. Our fees for support services are quoted separately from the Cambridge International examination fees. This also applies to candidates in South Africa who do not wish to make use of our registered assessment venues. In the instance where you will select another venue, it is a requirement to confirm the venue before registration with Boston can be completed.